FASHION RUNWAY Model Call
Looking for volunteer models who are willing to walk a runway, stand for a cause, and uplift a nation. Men & Women, ages 8 to adult, all sizes.
Interested in fashion shows, runway, becoming a model, or just full filling a dream? We want you!
Who are we? PoMahina Designs is collaborating with Maoli Jewelry (artist: Tara Keanuenue) to bring the essence of our ancestors to the runway with wearable arts.
What are we doing? We are looking to share the stories and elemental beauties through modern designs and media to Hawai’i and the world with fashion, art, and accessories.
Where is the model call? Come down to the beautiful Pa’i Gallery at Ala Moana Shopping Center, 2nd Floor, where you can meet the artists & fashion designer, share your interest and strut your stuff. You don’t need to be a professional or have experience. If you are great, if you aren’t we are hear to guide you. (See main photo for address)
When is the model call and the fashion show? One day only on January 31, 2018, Wednesday from 6:30pm – 8:00pm. We will have a line so come early. First come, first serve. Details on what you need to bring will be below.
Why? As kanaka maoli, woman, educators, artists, and mothers it is important for us to share the essence of our people so that it may live and thrive for generations. This year’s theme is Kanaloa & Hina. We will embody their beauty in modern graphics and designs. We will also take this opportunity to share the importance of self-identity, or what we call, our piko. The activator to the art work is “I AM”. Knowing who we are and where we came from is our duty to our ancestors and to our future.
Here is some info to know:
• Casting for the Runway Fashion Model Call is voluntary.
• Please bring a photo of yourself head to toe (black & white on copy paper is fine).
• Please include: height & weight.
• Come prepared with heels to walk in. (All Women only)
• Men & Women : please bring surf shorts and bathing suit (for those open to wearing swim wear).
• Appropriate attire : solid clothes that aren’t very loose.
• As much as we would love to have everyone join us, it is a first come based. So please be on time or come early. 6:30 – 8:30